Thursday 20 January 2011

Heart

The heart wants what the heart wants...

We do not choose love, love chooses us. And when we fall for that special person and it is recipricated, there is no better feeling in the world. That warm, fuzzy feeling makes us feel connected, a part of something greater than ourselves, a part of our own love story. It is fragile, solid and ever-changing all at once.

One of my favourite love poems is by Ee Cummings (made famous by Cameron Diaz's movie 'In her Shoes'!) I include a small part of the poem below:

I Carry Your Heart with Me (I Carry it in my Heart)

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows 
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

I wrote the following for that special person in my life:


I Know You

I know you
The twinkle in your eye
Your eye without the twinkle
The words you say
The wisdom underneath
Your liking for logic
Expressions and sayings that
evolve through me
I know your hands
How special they are
Strong and rough
Hands that can be clumsy but
also incredibly gentle
I know your values and desires
Your need for freedom and then for closeness
Your struggles and your scars
Your appreciation for nature
And understanding of the balance of life
I know your hugs and kisses
How lucky I am
Your kiss tells a story good or bad
But mostly I know your heart
Its rhythm tuned to mine
Beats and pumps as one
May I always know your heart...


Lily Basnet

No comments:

Post a Comment