Sunday 26 December 2010

Waves

Waves connotate energy. Kinetic energy and singular movement. There is nothing quite like experiencing the power and immensity of waves furling and crashing down onto the sea bed. It is calming and enthralling all at the same time. I've always had a fear of the sea. This fear has been cultivated over the years, with a series of small incidents (brought about mainly by a lack of awareness of currents!) but I have a deep respect for the power of the ocean and the depth and variety of the world, underneath its surface. Its history is masked. An ever-changing, ever-moving; body of water.


Waves

Last night I dreamt I was the waves
Pushing against the rocks
Licking the pebbles on the beach
Stretching and reaching to grasp more
Breathing as one entire movement
Drawing myself in and pulling myself out
There and everywhere at once
Feeling intensity, power and freedom
Alone, but not alone
Contained only by my own boundaries
And the magnetic pull of the moon on my mass
With the desire to touch everything in my path

Lily Basnet

No comments:

Post a Comment