Monday 13 December 2010

Courage

It took a small act of courage to begin this blog...prompted by a persistent push from a member of my family (who is also a close friend). But here it is, despite my personal reservations and doubts. And deepdown I know this commitment to writing online will be a personal journey of growth and discovery. It is time, to share my words and writings that I have kept to myself for many years. Inspired by Rumi's translations, I wrote the following yesterday...

Rumi's Light

My path unfolds before me
A threshold
That requires a small act of courage
The breaking of a selfless pattern
To walk without armour
Naked
In partial bloom
And open to the possibility
Of receiving
Gifts beyond our imagination
In awe of what we are capable of
A lake walking behind an ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment