Thursday 21 June 2012

Depth

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings (Anais nin) 

After complaining to my husband that I would like him to show me more love and affection; he replied 'You wouldn't like it if I were to drown you in my love...it would be suffocating!' And from this exchange, I was inspired to write the following:

Drown me

Drown me in your love you say;
What if I could swim those seas?
Bask in the sunlight - that warms the surface,
To certain depths;
And reflect back those kisses,
Petals floating - upon the ripples,
Perfectly malleable to life's direction.
Seize this moment;
For you hold my heart, Crushed!
between your fingers,
Should you desire it.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment